Sunday, June 30, 2013

Technology built to share

Okay so here's a question, instead of computing at the display, why not compute else where?

This isn't a new idea, in fact, I think this is how old computers worked, giant ass room, then the motor is next door.

So I carry a flimsy sheet or special paper. On it a display and power receiver... basically the only thing on the screen is the display. Power is beamed to the paper, the computing is done by a box sitting in the room somewhere... I mean fuck this 2 to 3 hr battery life bs. Power is around us, it surrounds us, it penetrates us.

Same with headphones that I can share with my friend. I have multiple sets, people just put them on when they come in or when we decide to and what I'm listening to can be heard by them even if we have to be quiet like in a dorm.

Whenever I share music with people, I instinctively feel the need to turn the volume down. As if I was being judged by my peers on my music selection.

Anyway, another thing is to share the same screen with someone regardless of operating system, so something that works natively online. Like a new feature browsers support, if you're in our browser you can see any tab someone else is currently looking at with approved permission.

Yeah... all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment